SingBean.com is your source for chicken bone broth in Memphis, Tennessee
Bone broth is one of the most healing foods you can consume, including our pasture raised chicken bone broth. Rich in nutrients like gelatin and glycine, it helps to protect and heal your gut lining, skin and digestive tract. It's super easy to make. Here's a simple recipe using Powhatan Farms' pastured poultry.
- 4 pounds stock backs, wings, feet or necks (click here to purchase)
- 1 bunch carrots (chopped)
- 2 medium onions (pealed and quartered)
- 4 cloves garlic (peel on but smashed)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon whole peppercorns
- 3 sprigs fresh herbs (your choice)
- 18-20 cups cold water
- Place all ingredients in a 10 quart capacity crock-pot.
- Add in water.
- Simmer for 24-48 hours, skimming fat occasionally.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool slightly. Discard solids and strain remainder in a bowl through a colander. Let stock cool to room temperature, cover and chill.
- Use within a week or freeze up to 3 months.